[Seaside] A countdown in ajax

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 15:58:27 UTC 2010

I don't have a computer at hand right now, but there is a Pier
component (as far as I remember called Pier-Counter or Pier-Countdown)
that does more or less that.

The idea is to implement the counter in Javascript and have some extra
validation (so that nobody can cheat) on the server.

Lukas

On Saturday, September 18, 2010, Alberto Bacchelli
<alberto.bacchelli at usi.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to implement a sort of questionnaire.
> There is one question per "page" (each page is simply
> a div element that is rendered or not), and each page
> has a time limit.
>
> This means that I would like to show an ajax countdown in the
> page, and I want to automatically change the page when the
> time expires.
>
> I have no idea on how to implement this,
> since in my opinion it would involve a separate
> thread that takes care of the timing issue.
> And I wouldn't know what's the way to deal with
> threads in seaside.
>
> Do you have any pointer/suggestion for me?
>
> Thank you,
>  Alberto

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch