[Seaside] Asynchronous message sending and Seaside/Script.aculo.us/JavaScript/AJAX

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:47:29 UTC 2010

> I am trying to figure out how I can integrate my asynchronous message
> sending framework with Seaside.  From my reading, it seems that Seaside
> works on a request/response model.  Furthermore, with
> JavaScript/AJAX/Script.aculo.us it still works on a request/response model.

Yes, this is how HTTP is designed.

> There seems there is no way to "push" events/content.   Is this accurate?

No.

For a long time there is the Comet package that provides a "hack" for
pushing events from the server to the client. See the Comet examples
that come with every Seaside distribution.

Also Philippe recently published a WebSocket implementation for
Seaside, but that doesn't work with all web browsers yet.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch