[Seaside] Downloads and filenames with diacritics

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Tue Sep 28 16:03:11 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I've been using this:

(GRCodec forEncoding: 'utf-8') encode: aFilaname

just before writing an uploaded file (that probably has diacritics in its name).

The thing is that xsendfile doesn't find the ones with diacritics and the download fails. Non diacritical downloads works just fine.

As workaround I'm forcing filenames to be non-diacritical while we find a solution.

Wonder if any of you guys have solved making your webapp to offer files download even when the filenames has diacriticals? I mean with xsendfile (from a seaside app of course).

sebastian