[Seaside] Downloads and filenames with diacritics

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Tue Sep 28 16:24:26 UTC 2010

Yeah, we actually saw that possibility but I was hoping to make the app not to be forced to maintain the original name in the database (so it can't never be confused about it nor inject maintenance costs).

What do you guys think about some other way to encode the filename that preserves the original (with diacritics) but for the OS (and xsendfile) it can look like a non-diacritical one?

any ideas? (or encoders to suggest?)

sebastian