[Seaside] Anybody get jquery.validate.js working?

Timothy Murray gettimothy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:31:06 UTC 2010

I ran into another "gotcha" with this approach.

In the custom event handler example from remember the
milk<http://jquery.bassistance.de/validate/demo/milk/>

there is a submitHandler: handle that must be commented out or the seaside
callbacks  assigned to your submit button will not work.

$(document).ready(function() {

    // validate signup form on keyup and submit

    var validator = $("#signupform").validate({

        submitHandler: function() {

            alert("submitted!");

        },

});

Once I commented out that section of the example, the Seaside callbacks
worked.

<http://jquery.bassistance.de/validate/demo/milk/>
Prior to removing it, I had tried replacing the alert("submitted!") with
return true; and return false; to no avail.