[Seaside] How do I do a remote validation for jquery.validator.js with a seaside component?

Tim Murray tmurray at ecsorl.com
Thu Sep 30 16:49:47 UTC 2010

Hi List.

I am implementing server side form validations with the
jquery.validation.js plugin.

There are examples for doing a remote validation of a username to help
to ensure that they stay unique within a site.

I am now at the point where I want to write a Seaside "component" that
will respond to the jquery.validation remote call .

I am not sure how to approach this.

>From the internet, a typical example of a php implementation  looks like

$email = $_GET['email'];

function isValidEmail($email){
3})$", $email);

if(!isValidEmail($email) && $email!="")

echo $errormsg;

I am wondering if I should intercept these on the initialRequest of my
applications custom WATask

            "new user registration ajax lookups"

      (aRequest url pathString endsWith: '/jquniqueloginlookup')

                        ifTrue:[?????WHAT DO I DO????].

Thanks for your time.