[Seaside] Re: How do I do a remote validation for jquery.validator.js with a seaside component?

Fritz Schenk intrader at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 17:17:03 UTC 2010

In a very early project I used server-side Javascript using the same Javascript
code used for the client. Both client and server validator responded with an
object describing the error condition; the object (in JSON) was then interpreted
upon ready().

One very important use case was that of a large form for loan processing which
could be submitted for processing without a browser required to be present.

When a hidden field indicating that client side validation was not used, the
server side validator would take over. The Javascript on the server is mostly
Ecmascript compatible to that in most browsers.