[Seaside] Reading Apache environment variables in Seaside

Charlie Meyer cemeyer2 at illinois.edu
Thu Apr 7 04:45:28 UTC 2011

All,

I am working on developing a Seaside application which I eventually plan to
deploy behind our university's custom authentication system. This mechanism
sets a particular Apache environment variable equal to the username that was
authenticated. I have read through all of the Seaside book and looked
through the classes, but have not come to an answer on how I can read out
environment variables from the request, especially when served behind
Apache. I currently serve other applications using different frameworks via
AJP behind Apache and the necessary variables are passed through, so I am
hoping there is a way to get access to them in Seaside. Any guidance would
be fantastic.

Thanks!

Charlie Meyer

Department of Computer Science