[Seaside] Re: Magritte Installation broken?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:58:15 UTC 2011

>> I'm trying to go through Chapter 25 of the Seaside Book (Magritte) and
>> my image has neither Object>>asComponent nor any implementer of
>> #asComponentOn:.  As a result, the Address example on page 366 blows
>> up.  What happened?
>
> Found it.  Magritte-Seaside needed to be loaded separately.  Wow,
> that's pretty painful for a problem in a tutorial!  If it causes
> consternation with a VisualWorks veteran in Pharo, then it's going to
> kill the tutorial for a web developer Smalltalk newbie.

If you use ConfigurationOfMagritte or one of the ready made images you
should get Magritte-Seaside automatically.

Magritte also works in VisualWorks, so you might want to try it there
if you feel more comfortable with that platform.

For instructions on how to load on the various platforms see
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/magritte>.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli