[Seaside] Should I become a Seasider?

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 9 14:48:12 UTC 2011

I started using Seaside (Pharo Smalltalk) a couple years ago now with very little programming background. It was rather confusing at first since there's a lot going on in the images, but in the end, everything Pharo does is brilliant... makes for a far better programming environment and as stated in earlier posts, debugging, code reusability, etc.
My advice would be open up a Seaside one-click image and book.seaside.st and try a couple things out. Seaside is supposed to be suited for quick prototyping development, so why not give it a shot? There's a ton of knowledge in all the people on this list, and everyone is happy to help others out. I know I asked a lot of really basic questions at the beginning, and they got me going (thanks guys!).
Just my one or two cents...
RS