[Seaside] REST - How to do step 6?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:20:55 UTC 2011

http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest

> Actually, I'll defer on
> that for now.  I should interpret the above as:
>
>        (WAAdmin
>                register: WAComponentMySubclass
>                at: 'component)
>                addFilter: WARestfulHandlerMySubclass
>
> My method that returns the JSON text should be on the
> WAComponentMySubclass, but the WARestfulHandlerMySubclass is the part
> that redirects the rendering of the URL path to the component?

First WARestfulHandlerMySubclass gets a chance to handle the request.
If nothing matches it delegates to WAComponentMySubclass. Where to put
the method depends on whether you need to access the session and
continuations or you want a constant URL.

Cheers
Philippe