[Seaside] Rendering Component in a WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:34:25 UTC 2011

2011/4/13 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>:
> Oh I see... you're trying to define nice URL entry points that take
> the user into full sessions/applications? I'm not sure if that's quite
> what Philippe had in mind with Seaside-REST (though he may correct me
> on that).

Well no, but yes :-) Whereas the problem is not about REST it is about
binding/injecting request attributes which is what Seaside-REST does.
One thing that Seaside currently does not allow you to do is easily
build is an application with stateless landing pages and stateful
components kicking in later. I'm not sure Seaside-REST is the right
tool for this since it does not do arbitrary injection, it just
injects into the handlers methods.

Maybe a better solution would be to build two applications and the
stateless one forwarding to the sateful one at one point. That still
leaves the problem of writing the stateless one and initializing the
stateful one though.

So something similar to Seaside-REST but different could be the way to go.

Cheers
Philippe