[Seaside] saving an image while serving

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:54:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not possible for SqueakSource, not without serious effort. The
> last time it was done "interesting" issues popped up like the object
> format of Timestamp changed. And supposedly fast import/export
> mechanism like SmartRefStream become unusably slow.

I must say that I am also one who is very uneasy when my data is
stored in the image, including my pier based blog. If procedures to
export and import data are not seriously tested, they tend to become
slightly unworkable when situation arises. If they are thoroughly
tested and maintained, why bother with image based persistence?

Btw, there was a quite large data availability incident with DabbleDB
that lasted for weeks and affected many clients, does any one know
details of what caused it?

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/