[Seaside] saving an image while serving

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Apr 18 19:55:35 UTC 2011

Am 18.04.2011 um 19:50 schrieb Sebastian Sastre:

> Yes because we couldn't sleep if it wasn't scalable like hell yah! by design :)

Sebastian,

I think you made it bigger then it was intended by anyone. I was just saying that the proposed solution cannot work without keeping external state. An email account with prepared emails is equivalent to a replay log. So you have snapshots and replay logs. That not only makes it a database (an email account is one) but one with a solid approach. I'm glad Nevin clarified it so everybody can see how simple a smart solution can be.

To assume things is one choice. To explain it is a better one. At least in my opinion.

Norbert