[Seaside] Single image persistence, GLORP, and SQL-injection

Peter Kwangjun Suk peter.kwangjun.suk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:56:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've been playing around with a small application in Seaside/Magritte
running on Pharo 1.2.1, Cog VM, on OS X.  I'm primarily interested in
small sites/apps with lightweight persistence.  GLORP would be a good
option though not exactly lightweight, since it is largely transparent
to the application code, but I am concerned about SQL-injection
attacks.  Is there a good, quick guide/library for proofing GLORP
against SQL injection attacks, or is there another lightweight option
for single-image persistence which is also transparent?  I have seen
references to Magma, and I've noted that many say it adds about 30
seconds to image startup.  I have dabbled with SandstoneDB, but find
that there's too much involvement with application code.  I've also
read through the persistence section of the Seaside book, but I find I
still cannot make up my mind.

I would love it if I could just leverage meta-data from Magritte, and
have my objects be magically persistent, with no changes to
application code, and no worries about SQL injection.

Any recommendations?

--Peter

--
There's neither heaven not hell,