[Seaside] SeasideRest and complex structures

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:02:15 UTC 2011

I now understand how to use SeasideREST, and I'm trying to use it in a real application.

What's the problem? well... I want my rest filters to replace a portion of the screen and not all of it. Let's say I have this structure

app {
	menu { option1, option2, option3, etc. }
	contents: { hereAComponentForEachOption }

yeah, you need to be a little imaginative to understand what I'm trying to describe, but I think is clear: a main "div" with app, and then two divs, one with the menu and other with contents.
In my current application, if I press "option1" I can say contents show: option1Component.

So... I want to get same result if I do:

any idea how I can proceed?