[Seaside] Click, Replace and Submit

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:29:19 UTC 2011

>> This removes the button from the page, before the form is actually
>> submitted.
>
> Ok, so how can I replace the button by some other element (text/image) and
> trigger an explicit submit? I could have missed that in the docs, so please
> feel free to point me to some page explaining this!

This has nothing to do with JQuery and/or Seaside, this is just HTTP,
HTML and JavaScript. The form submission is part of the browser event
handling of the button, but your click handler interfers with this
when you remove the button.

> In the meantime I can live with this. It's not as nice as I intended it, but
> it works for now:
>
>             onClick: ((html jQuery id: #submit) value: 'Processing';
> attributeAt: #disabled put: #true);

Not sure, but I would say that doesn't work either: disabled buttons
typically do not trigger a form submission.

Also, why do you write '#true' instead of 'true'?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch