[Seaside] WABatchedList\WATableReport example code-snap for Set

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:32:25 UTC 2011

Hi Cong,

Both widgets require sequenceable collections as the data source, they
do not work with unordered collections such as Sets. For example,
convert your Set to an Array:

   items := aSet asArray.

There are many examples in the one-click image for the WATableReport,
browse for its references.

The WABatchedList works very similar to the WATableReport. Set your
whole sequenceable collection as the items:

   batchedList items: anArray.

To get the currently selected batch ask it for its batch (which is a
subsequence of the items you set). You can use it to update the rows
in your WATableReport.

   tableReport rows: batchedList batch.

Cheers,
Lukas

On 3 August 2011 19:19, Cong Tan <congcongtan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to use WABatchedList and WATableReport to display a Set from
> my query engine, but failed to find any code examples online.  Can anyone
> providing me a code-snap of how to display them in renderContentOn?
> Thanks

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch