[Seaside] WAResponse and XML

Jay Hardesty jayh at panix.com
Wed Aug 3 23:53:10 UTC 2011

Thank you for the response, James.

For me, the problem is that I need the XML to be processed automatically (with no dialog).

Whereas my response from Seaside used to return XML - that is something starting with:
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?...  (because that's how my xmlString starts)

I instead now see something starting:
	<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 ...

For instance the response returned from the code fragment in your response ultimately arrives as the same (html) result

I should mention that this particular request is being sent to my Seaside app from a non-Seaside client; perhaps a Seaside app simply can't be used in such a way anymore(?)

Thanks again,
Jay