[Seaside] Problem with serving static files on seaside 3.0 and lighttpd

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Aug 7 13:27:50 UTC 2011

Mark,

Did you use the same lighttpd configuration in seaside2.8 ?

It seems to me that the fastcgi entry is always consuming all requests, hence your static file serving works only when you turn the fastcgi entry off.
Try only redirecting to the

fastcgi.server = ( "/myapp" => (

Maybe there are ways to define a different selection order for requests that match multiple url match blocks, but I have only limited experience using lighttpd.
A solution can be to set the fastcgi match block last?

Johan

On 07 Aug 2011, at 14:46, Mark Ross wrote:

> Hi all!
> I tried hard in the last days to serve static files for my seaside application, but had no success.
>
> I want to leave static files on the server (/var/www/resources/css/*; js/*; images/*) and access them from within my seaside application e.g. by
>
> anHtmlRoot javascript url: '/resources/js/flotr.js'.

That looks correct.
Just a small remark is that you might want consider using #resourceUrl:
See more about that here: http://book.seaside.st/book/in-action/serving-files/images