[Seaside] How to load the "real" core with Metacello in Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:56:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Philippe Marschall <
philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/8/18 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
> > I think it has been discussed a while ago but I couldn't find it.
> So....just
> > a quick question, how can I use Metacello to load a real core of Seaside?
> install
> > things like OB which I don't need at all (I don't need the UI for seaside
> > adaptors if that is where it is needed).
>
> With metacello you currently can't. It also depends on what you call
> the "real core". You might want something like this:
>
> Gofer new
>  squeaksource: 'Seaside30';
>  package: 'Grease-Core';
>  package: 'Grease-Pharo-Core';
>  package: 'Seaside-Core';
>  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Core';
>  package: 'Seaside-Canvas';
>  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Canvas';
>  package: 'Seaside-Session';
>  package: 'Seaside-Component';
>  package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop';
>  package: 'Seaside-Flow';
>  package: 'Seaside-Pharo-Flow';
>  load.

Thanks to both. But how can I start the server this way? do that loads a
seaside adaptor?
because I tried to load Zinc-Seaside and do:

ZnZincServerAdaptor new port: 8888; start

But I receveied a #subclassResponsibility  in WAServerAdaptor >> isStopped

> Cheers
> Philippe

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com