[Seaside] Seaside image health check

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:14:22 UTC 2011

I have a Pharo 1.3-13315/Seaside 3.0.6.3 headless image on 64bit linux
that sometimes stops responding to HTTP requests and acts like its in an
infinite loop. If I connect to that image with the RFB after a couple
minutes I can enter my password and it drops out of the infinite loop
and resumes answering HTTP requests as if nothing was wrong.  The hang
happens irregularly and I haven't yet been able to get access to a
debugger when it is hanging.  CPUWatcher doesn't catch it either.

I'm thinking to use the Scheduler package + ZnClient to send a request
from that image to itself requesting a page, and if it times out, to
write the ProcessBrowser + CPU usage data to a log file.

Is there an established/better/other way to attempt to diagnose these
intermittent hangs?

Thanks

Paul