[Seaside] Re: Clear/stop a periodic javascript process using Seaside?

Fritz Schenk intrader.intrader at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:37:44 UTC 2011

Seems to me that the solution lies with AJAX and ajaxComplete.

With AJAX get the request going to compute whatever (in your example the next
value of count). This request is asynchronous and your UI continues as normal.
When the AJAX request finishes, ajaxComplete is executed.
This event handler can update count in the UI as appropriate.
For completeness your should also have a ajaxError handler.
I have done this sort of coding with jQuery and javascript.

I have not found a simple example using Seaside; section 21.6.2 still says
'TODO'.

I don't think there is a need for the interval timer; this sort of pattern
may be needed to implement something like a stock follower. Another way,
would be to use Comet.