[Seaside] Re: I would like to attach an onClick event according to

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 22:57:07 UTC 2011

They have to be consistent, yes.

The Seaside factory classes will make that a non-issue. The javascript classes Lukas built have all the functionality you need... it's a matter of learning how to do it. Boris gave a great example. If you want to write out the javascript, then concatenate the strings and simply escape when you need to.

ie.

'"I''m a Smalltalk string in double quotes"'.
'''I''m a Smalltalk string in single quotes'''.

Would look like, printed:

"I'm a Smalltalk string in double quotes"
'I'm a Smalltalk string in single quotes'

I'm failing to see where the problem is. It sounds like a matter of looking at what, precisely, you want, and then translating it to syntax.

RS