[Seaside] Re: seaside Digest, Vol 98, Issue 12

Fritz Schenk intrader.intrader at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 04:21:46 UTC 2011

Paul thanks for following. The thread of interest is correctly threaded. To
summarize, I have a problem expressing in seaside the following javascript:

I have a jsbin with the example at http://jsbin.com/imuka5/2

The problem is that Seaside is in my opinion not allowing me to express the
following javascript:
<javscript>
$('#external_links a').click(function() {
    return confirm('You are going to visit: ' + this.href);
});
</javascript>

I have written in Seaside

<Seaside>
	html button
		onClick: ((html jQuery expression: selector)
				onClick: 'return confirm("You are going to
visit: "+ this.href)');
		 with: 'Attach Click'
</Seaside>

The above Seaside translates into:

<javascript from Source Halo>
<button onclick="$("external_links a").click(function(){return confirm("You are
going to visit: "+ this.href)})" type="submit" class="submit">Attach
Click</button>
</javascript from Srouce Halo>

As you can see the double quotes are a problem.