[Seaside] Re: seaside Digest, Vol 98, Issue 14

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:56:34 UTC 2011

On Feb 5, 2011, at 7:00 AM, seaside-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org wrote:

> Paul thanks for following. The thread of interest is correctly threaded. To
> summarize, I have a problem expressing in seaside the following javascript:

Hi fritz,

When you rely on threading to structure the discussion it prevents people who receive the list in digest mode from following along.  So please reconsider relying on threading.

Are you just interested in the string being spit out or the functionality it should implement?

Also why are you using 10 divs with identical ids?  I haven't read any HTML or JavaScript specs but I was under the impression that if you had more than one div on the page with the same id it would create problems because you wouldnt actually be writing HTML or JavaScript at that time but something else.

Why not try to use classes rather than ids like Robert suggested earlier? If you're interested in it working as you expect rather than the JavaScript fragment going into the page.

Good luck.

Paul