[Seaside] emails with diacritics and apple Mail and outlook and windows mail

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Fri Feb 11 12:53:24 UTC 2011

I'm connecting directly to the SMTP and after the session opens I send what comes from this:

plainMessage
	^String streamContents: [ :stream |

		self
			renderAddress: self from
			withHeader: 'From: '
			on: stream.

		self to do: [ :each |
			self
				renderAddress: each
				withHeader: 'To: '
				on: stream ].

		self cc do: [ :each |
			self
				renderAddress: each
				withHeader: 'Cc: '
				on: stream ].

		self bcc do: [ :each |
			self
				renderAddress: each
				withHeader: 'Bcc: '
				on: stream ].
		stream
			nextPutAll: 'Subject: ';
			nextPutAll: self subject greaseString toUtf8.

		self body isNil ifFalse: [|content|
			content := self body greaseString toUtf8.
			self isHtml ifFalse:[
				content := Character cr asString, Character cr asString, content].
			stream nextPutAll: content ] ]