[Seaside] Seaside and Rest

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri Feb 11 19:07:46 UTC 2011

Hi Olivier,

On 11 Feb 2011, at 14:36, Olivier Auverlot wrote:

> For a new project, i need to make web services based into the Restful architecture.My program must read, write, modify and delete informations in a LDAP directory. I can do that with Perl... but i want to try to use Pharo and Seaside :)
>
> Someone has experience for this type of application ? How to manage the HTTP commands (PUT, GET, DELETE and POST) ? Thank you for your help.

Do you want to do client or server side or both ?

If you have a basic understanding of HTTP, the Zinc HTTP Components framework will help you get started very quickly. The code was written to be easy to understand and flexible to use. I have done both client and server REST interfaces on top of Zn.

There is also a nice Seaside addon framework (see Phillipe's reply). Building on top of Seaside it is both richer and heavier.

Sven

http://homepage.mac.com/svc/Zinc-HTTP-Components/index.html