[Seaside] I reported an error in error list - it was incorrectly classified as 'ignored'

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Feb 12 12:52:27 UTC 2011

Fritz,

On 2/12/11 2:44 AM, Fritz Schenk wrote:
> "the code for html button onClick: is incorrectly translated resulting in
> code that does not work"
> html button
> onClick: ((html jQuery expression: 'external_links a')
> onClick: 'return confirm("You are going to visit: "+ this.href)');
> 		 with: 'Attach Click'
> </code>
>
> When the code does not work, the result is that 'inform' is executed without
> a prior execution of 'confirm'.

The reason your example did not work is the missing # (which indicates
that external_links is an ID and not an element type). If you add it as
below, the code works.

     html button
         onClick: ((html jQuery expression: '#external_links a')
         onClick: 'return confirm("You are going to visit: "+ this.href)');
                  with: 'Attach Click'

See:

expression: aString
     "This function accepts a string containing a CSS selector which is
then used to match a set of elements."

Cheers,
Bob