[Seaside] Re: I reported an error in error list - it was incorrectly classified as 'ignored'

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Feb 12 20:45:51 UTC 2011

Fritz,

One further thing to note: I copied the code you said worked directly
from the email into a browser in Squeak and it did NOT work. Since it
looked right, I compared it carefully to the previous version that
worked for me. The problem was in these two (in the email anyway) lines:

On 2/12/11 2:36 PM, Fritz Schenk wrote:
> 		((html jQuery expression: '#external_links a') onClick: 'return
> confirm("You are going to visit: "+ this.href)');

Pasted as-is into Squeak with the line break after 'return', causes a
carriage return character to be inserted into the string literal between
'return' and 'confirm'. This fails to run. If I edit the squeak to force
the string literal to be all on one line, it does work. Don't know if
this may have happened to anyone trying to follow this discussion, but
food for thought.

Cheers,
Bob