[Seaside] Why - XHTML perfectly good names are now given en Seaside new names

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Feb 17 07:28:53 UTC 2011

On 17.02.2011, at 04:21, Fritz Schenk wrote:

> I don't think that the decision of using new names (for example paragraph for

Why do you think it is not a good idea?

> Why was it done?

Readability perhaps. The p in html stands for paragraph. It is quite an attitude of smalltalkers not to use abbrevations because these are hard to read. I assume you mean that it is more to type and that it looks different to the html being created. The latter reason is a good one. The methods in the canvas are not bound to just emit a single tag. They can emit everything they like. So I would state that naming it the same wouldn't be that good because you will likely mix things that don't belong to each other.

Norbert