[Seaside] Re: Why - XHTML perfectly good names are now given en Seaside new names

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Feb 18 23:33:50 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 04:24 PM, Stuart Herring wrote:
> I guess the simplest answer to your original question is:
> The reason Seaside does not use XHTML tag names as-is is because
> Seaside is not a wrapper, it is an abstraction.

A simpler answer might be, Smalltalker's just generally don't like
abbreviations in code, they like words that can be read aloud and spoken
about without sounding absurd.  When you talk about html, you talk about
anchors, paragraphs, headings, orderedLists, unorderedLists, etc.
That's why they're better selectors.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com