[Seaside] external browser in SeasideTesting ?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Feb 20 08:32:43 UTC 2011

No, it's not working (at least not in the Squeak/Pharo/Gemstone port).
I made a little progress last time I worked on it, which is already a couple of months back.

In the meantime, if you want to do external browser testing, I suggest to use Webtester (http://www.squeaksource.com/WebTester.html). I am also using SeasideTesting and WebTester separately for testing our applications.

I also think it will be more worthwhile to integrate Seasidetesting and Webtester because the SeleniumRC/Webdriver approach to external browser testing is far easier and more portable than the ExternalBrowser/Applescript/FFI approach, and it's used outside of the Smalltalk/Seaside world too.

Johan