[Seaside] website maintenance/feedback?

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:35:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Bob Arning <arning at charm.net> wrote:
> So, are alternate styles better supported on the server side or the client?
> From the perspective of "selling" Seaside, is it better to say "Here is how
> Seaside can make this happen?" or is it better to say "Switch to Firefox and
> load this addon?"

there are some good use cases for theming and alternative presentation
of some data structures.

Site as seaside.st, is IMHO not one of them.

It would significantly increase maintenance effort while providing
relatively low improvement of user experience for average user. I
think it is much better to concentrate resources that are available
(are there any in the first place?) to improve content, accuracy and
structure of the present site. If there are some resources left after
that, well, yes it might be nice to have alternative presentation. But
let us first have a really great one to alternate from ;)

If there is need to make a show case how to theme seaside web site, it
could be a small example somewhere, there is no need to put a burden
of maintenance to the whole site.

As for my constructive suggestions, how about either putting it into
the order or getting rid of the automatic news ticker on the front
page. Quite often it catches something not barely related to the
seaside, and stays like that for days which gets embarrassing.

just my 2c :)

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/