[Seaside] Dyncon 2011

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Feb 24 19:21:31 UTC 2011

On 02/24/2011 03:04 AM, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> one more, good...
>
> that's a 100% improvement
>
> we're doing great
>
> please guys tweet everything
>
> make us feel we are there
>
> you are our ears and eyes at Dyncon 2011
>
> your opinions matter to us, we want to hear
>
> tweet like if you were 200 guys

As a sidenote, Björn Eiderbäck who is presenting Smalltalk is an old
Smalltalker and has written the only swedish book on Smalltalk while he
worked at the Royal Institute of Technology here in Stockholm.

I suspect Mikael Kindborg from Mosync will be there, though I haven't
talked to him yet. Mikael is also a Squeaker but dabbles in most languages.

And I know a few more Smalltalkers that might be there, like Peter
Hugosson-Miller and Thierry Reignier - will check with them all.

As a sidenote I was in contact with Peter Svensson who is organizing the
event back in november - he was checking with me regarding Dyncon
"clashing" with the "Dynamic Stockholm" event we did. I never got the
time to submit a presentation but luckily Björn and Julian cover it.

Peter wrote that he originally learned OO by reading the famous Byte
magazine on Smalltalk. So he felt that it is important to include
Smalltalk, although he doesn't know it personally anymore.

regards, Göran

PS. Perhaps I should finally become a Twitter monkey too. :)