[Seaside] WAEMailMessage, next step

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 07:32:53 UTC 2011

2011/2/24 Diogenes Moreira <diogenes.moreira at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm thinking implement something like WAHtmlEmailBody...
> the idea is generate a rich text email from a WAComponent...
> In this direction I need solve 4 principal Issues
> 1. Obtein "HTML" from the a component.. I can guess, i'll make something
> like WAEMailCanvas..for render the email

I don't know whether a WAComponent is really what you want. #call:,
#answer:, #confirm: and friends all don't work.

> 2. Obtein all resourses referenced by  the HTML as Stream and attach it to
> email message.

Maybe only allowing #document: is easier.

> 3. Replace the reourses's src attribute into html body for attachment
> reference.
> 4. Parse the HMTL Code to obtein plain text to add this alternativa to
> email.

Maybe it would be simpler to just write a second presenter for that.
You'll probably want two new lines after a heading and one after a
paragraph.

Cheers
Philippe