[Seaside] WAEMailMessage, next step

Tony Fleig tony.fleig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:12:57 UTC 2011

There may be some overlap here with
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3509 (Multi-part MIME
messages for Pharo). I submitted these changes to support using multi-part
messages in TF-Login (http://www.squeaksource.com/TFLogin.html).

There's an example of creating and sending multi-part MIME content buried
here: http://www.tonyfleig.com/smallthoughts/tfloginguide/Tests/integrating

sendRegistrationConfirmationEmailTo: email confirmUrl: url timeoutMinutes: timo
    "Compose and send email. Answer true on success, false on failure."

    | textBody htmlBody emailOk appName |

    appName := 'Login Test App'.

    "Compose a pain text message."
    textBody := (WriteStream on: String new)
        << 'This email is in response to your request to register at
'; << appName;
        << '.'; crlf;crlf;
        << 'Direct your browser to the following URL within ';<< timo asString;
        << ' minutes to confirm your registration.'; crlf;crlf;
        << '         '; << url; crlf;crlf;
        << 'If you did not attempt to register for a'; << appName;
        << ' account then this message was sent in error and should be
ignored.'.

    "Compose a nice HTML message."
    htmlBody := WAHtmlCanvas builder fullDocument: true; render: [ :html |
        html div
            style: 'font-size:11pt;';
            with: [
                html div
                    style: 'margin-bottom: 10px;';
                    with: 'This email is in response to your request
to register at ', appName, '.'.
                html text: 'Click on the link below within ', timo asString,
                    ' minutes to confirm your registration.'.
                html div
                    style:
'margin-left:20pt;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;';
                    with: [
                        html anchor
                            url: url;
                            with: 'Confirm registration'].
                html text: 'If the link above is unresponsive, copy
and paste the URL',
                    'below into your browser''s address field to
confirm your registration.'.
                html div
                    style:
'margin-left:20pt;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;';
                    with: url.
                html text: 'If you did not attempt to register for a', appName,
                    ' account then this message was sent in error and
should be ignored.']].

    "Send the message."
    (emailOk := self
        sendEmailTo: email
        subject:  appName, ' Registration - action required'
        text: textBody html: htmlBody)
            ifFalse: [ Transcript cr; show: url ].

    ^ emailOk

------------------------------

sendEmailTo: toAddress subject: subj text: textBody html: htmlBody
    "Send multi-part MIME email message."

    | sem mm|
    mm := TLMailMessage empty.
    mm addAlternativePart: textBody contents contentType: 'text/plain'.
    mm addAlternativePart: htmlBody contents contentType: 'text/html'.
    sem := mm
        seasideMailMessageFrom: 'Registrar@' , self emailHost
        to: toAddress
        subject: subj.
    [sem send] on: Exception do: [ :ex | ^ false ].
    ^ true