[Seaside] Need help fixing my image

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Mon Jan 3 20:10:46 UTC 2011

On 03 Jan 2011, at 20:55, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> SIXX doesn't scale.
>>>
>> Why not? Where do you see the problem?
>
> The problem is size and subsequently it takes a very long time to read
> and write. Even for small sites you end up with megabytes of XML.
>
> At the time I tried to use SIXX (admittedly this is many years ago)
> then XML parser couldn't read properly such large files.

Just popping in to say that I've been using SIXX to transfer 39Mb of data (size in SIXX xml format) between Pharo and Gemstone without problems (other than Gemstone's temp memory size).
I think it's definitely an option for an emergency export/import.

It's been quite some time since I've played with Pier, but wasn't there an export/import built-in?

Johan