[Seaside] Redirect to the previous page

Tony Fleig tony.fleig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:40:11 UTC 2011

I wrote a somewhat easier-to-understand version of the TF-Login Guide
paragraphs here:
http://www.tonyfleig.com/smallthoughts/Seaside/deferredlogin.

TF

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Tony Fleig <tony.fleig at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a feature in my TFLogin package that seems like it provides
> something like what you want. Registration confirmation may happen in
> another session, particularly if email confirmation is used. TFLogin
> allows the application to save state in the "pending user" object.
> When the registration is confirmed, that same user object is present
> in the new session and can be used to restore the user's state. This
> can also be used without email confirmation as well in which case it
> works essentially the same way except that no new session is created.
>
> Maybe TFLogin or something along the same lines would work for you.
>
> Here is the relevant excerpt from the TFLogin documentation:
>
> New user initialization
>
> If you provide a one-argument block to the
> TLLoginComponent>>#onRegistration: method, your block will be
> evaluated with pending new user objects before the registration email
> confirmation (if any) is sent. Your block should answer true to allow
> the registration to proceed, or false to cancel the registration
> without further interaction with the user. If you return false, you
> should arrange to inform the user as to why their registration attempt
> is being rejected.
>
> In your onRegistration block, you can populate the new user's
> applicationProperties dictionary with initial values. This can be
> useful if, for example, you have allowed an unregistered user to work
> at your website and for them to save their work you require them to
> register for an account. Since the registration confirmation will take
> place in another session the question arises as to where to save their
> work during the registration confirmation process (and how to dispose
> of it if the registration is not confirmed.) Saving the user's work in
> the pending user object's applicationProperties dictionary provides
> the answer. When the new user logs in the first time, anything placed
> in their applicationProperties dictionary in the onRegister block will
> be present in their TLSession user object.
>
> Here is an example onRegistration block in which userObjects are saved
> in the pending user's
>
> applicationProperties:
>    loginComponent: onRegistration: [ :pendingUser |
>        pendingUser applicationProperties
>            at: 'userObjects'
>            put: self userObjects.
>        true]
>
> TFLogin is available at http://www.squeaksource.com/TFLogin.
>
> Regards,
> TF
>

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Sebastian Van Lacke
> <svanlacke at caesarsystems.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Sebastian,
>>
>> In my website log in is optional, so I can´t dispatch to the login or the
application.
>> I have a link at the top of all the pages for login, and when the user
click it, I announce that Login was selected, and the root component render
it. Then, once the user has logged in I want to take it back to the previous
page, where the user has clicked login.