[Seaside] Pharo/Seaside UI testing

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Sat Jan 22 21:51:52 UTC 2011

On 22 Jan 2011, at 19:41, Tony Fleig wrote:

> Thanks yet again Sven!

You're welcome.

> I have made all the changes you suggested.
>
> However, one test fails in my environment after switching to the Zinc
> Seaside adaptor: the TLTest>>#testForgotUsername test. This test is
> not very different from all the other tests that pass and of course it
> passes using the WAKom server. I have no idea why only this test is
> failing.
>
> Its failing on to a ConnectionTimedOut error in Socket>>#waitForData
> processing a ZnClient>>#post:data: request. This is reproducible in
> OSX SnowLeopard, but it does not occur at all in Ubuntu Linux 9.10 or
> Windows 7. I doubled the timeout period, but all that did was cause me
> to wait longer for the error.
>
> If you want to investigate this, you can use the latest TF-Login (and
> TF-Login-Tests) package from Squeaksource. Change the method
> TLTest>>#useZincServer to return true to use the Zinc server.
>
> If you don't have access to a Mac, I suppose I can investigate further here.

Well, I loaded the new MC packages and all tests are green both using Kom and Zn adaptors.

And yes, my primary platform is Mac OS X 10.6.6.

Typically, a ConnectionTimedOut from Zn client means that the server just did not respond at all.

Sven

PS: the new packages look great. the workspace still popped up though, maybe on older initialize or something.