[Seaside] Receive SOAP Calls with Seaside

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:28:52 UTC 2011

2011/1/27  <webmail at pielka.de>:
> Hello,
>
> I created a Seaside (Pharo One-Click Image) Web Application (http://etumma.de) and like the Framework very much. Now I want to add a small SOAP service to the same image.
>
> Seaside receives the call but I don't know how to get access to the payload. I tried the following to read the body of the call:
>
> Transcript show: self requestContext request bodyDecoded; cr.
> And also:
> Transcript show: self requestContext request rawBody; cr.

That should actually work if the request has a body. That means it has
to be a PUT or POST request, simply typing the URL in your browser
won't work. soapUI [1] is an easy way for making SOAP requests. For
such things it's generally best to subclass WARequestHandler and
implement #handeFiltered:.

> In both cases the Transcript window shows only blanks.
>
> Then I tried to load the SoapOpera package but it does not play well together with the Pharo One-Click image. It brings a lot of syntax errors.
>
> Anyway I prefer to receive the Soap calls with Seaside and don't want to load (and learn) SoapOpera in additon.

That means you will have to do the whole SOAP request decoding
yourself and come up with a SOAP response as well.

 [1] http://www.soapui.org/

Cheers
Philippe