[Seaside] state of the art in seaside/magritte/glorp on Squeak/OSX/FreeBSD

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jan 27 18:20:51 UTC 2011

So I've had my head buried in Perl for the past six months, and lost
track of where Seaside has gone.

I know Seaside 3.0 is out. And Magritte/Pier have been updated (although
the docs still look amazingly sparse :).  And there's something called
SqueakDBX for talking to Postgresql.

My client has restarted the project we began a year ago but had to set
aside for economic reasons.  I need to build a Seaside app that talks to
Postgresql, and runs on FreeBSD.  I'd prefer to use something like
Glorp, but I'm not sure that's been updated in a while in the Squeak
world, unless SqueakDBX did it.

So, what's the current state of the art for Seaside, Magritte, Glorp,
and Postgresql bindings for Squeak?  And has anyone managed to get a
modern VM running on FreeBSD... I can't seem to get the latest sources
to build (too many Linuxisms).  I'll be developing on OSX, so that's
reasonably secure.