[Seaside] File for download

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Fri Jul 8 14:01:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm playing with wkhtmltopdf that can convert html/css into a PDF file.  If
anyone is interested it can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/.  It should run on Windows and Linux
(I've tested it on Windows).  It is run as a command line program.  You
give it a URL or html input filename and an output pdf filename (where it
writes the pdf file).  So far I like it but it would be nice if it broke
pages at table row and not in the middle of a row.

Now to my question.  What is the best way to deliver the file for download?
I can put the file where Apache can download it.  Or I can read it into a
string and serve it up from Seaside.

If I go the Apache route, how would I automatically trigger the download
after creating the file?

If I serve it from Seaside, how do I do that?

Many thanks in advance, Lou