[Seaside] Problem with announcements in Seaside when using Pharo 1.3

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:17:29 UTC 2011

Not sure why the request context is suddenly gone in your code.

It could be that this has something to do with the announcements, the
implementation changed drastically in Pharo 1.3. I had to revert the
announcements to the original implementation in OB to make them work.

Do you properly receive the request context before doing the
announcement, just to rule out any problems in Seaside? Seaside has
not really been tested on Pharo 1.3 yet, our builds are all based on
stable Pharo 1.2.1.

Lukas

On 17 July 2011 18:53, Andrei Vasile Chis <chisvasileandrei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In have a simple case: in an ajax callback I trigger an announcement and in
> the callback associated with the announcement I try to render a Date object.
> When I do this I get a WARequestContextNotFound exception.
> To be more exact I have in a component this function to render the callback
> link:
> renderAnnouncementUpdate: html
>   html anchor
>     onClick: (html jQuery ajax script: [ :s |
> script := s.
> model announce: SGLLinkClickedAnnouncement new ]);
>       with: 'Update Announcements'
> The model is initialized when I create the component in:
> initialize
> super initialize.
> model := SGLVerySimplePresentation new.
> model on: SGLLinkClickedAnnouncement do: [:ann|
> self onClick: ann].
> When the announcement is called it will trigger the onclick: method which
> will do the rendering:
> onClick: ann
> self addScripts: script
> addScripts: s
> s << (s jQuery: #date1)
>              html: [ :r | r render: Date today ].
>       s << (s jQuery: #time1)
>              html: [ :r | r render: Time now ]
> However the html: method trigers an WARequestContextNotFound exception.
> I'v tried this on Pharo 1.3 (running on CogVM) with the latest version of
> Seaside.
> The application can be found in the Moose Playground project from
> http://www.squeaksource.com in the package SGL-Seaside-Problem. Atfer you
> install the package and
> start a web server you have to execute "SGLTestComponentMin
> registerAsApplication: 'SGLTestComponentMin'." to register the application.
> Am I missing something?
> Cheers,
> Andrei

Lukas Renggli