[Seaside] Re: Cancel Button

Fritz Schenk intrader.intrader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:55:55 UTC 2011

Robert Sirois <watchlala <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> The (WACancelButtonTag) cancel button in a form with required fields (html 5)
still requires the fields to be filled out when canceling hehe. Is this normal?
> RS

To my understanding (and I am a newbie):
1. All callbacks are valued before rendering components
2. Callback processing is not done if a high priority callback cancels further
processing via `self handleAnswer: false`.
3. Callback processing is also cancelled by #respond processing.
The WACancelButtonTag is set to high priority (-5). In my opinion you can cancel
further processing of callbacks (and validation) by setting
`self handleAnswer: false.`.
Watch out if you also have AJAX as to my understanding also has priority -5.