[Seaside] How to save a html5 canvas.toDataURL as a png file on the server

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Wed Jul 27 08:19:59 UTC 2011

I also responded this on stack overflow.

Depending on how you want your website to behave, I guess there are multiple ways of doing it. Here is the raw sample of one possibility I can think of using a jQuery ajax callback:

html jQuery ajax
callback: [:value | (FileStream newFileNamed: 'test.png') nextPutAll: value base64Decoded ]
value: (JSStream on: 'canvas.toDataURL()')
I did not test this myself. Maybe the filestream needs to be sent the #binary message to make a correct png file. Let me know if there are troubles.

Hope it helps.