[Seaside] [2.8]Slow connection causes problem

Ryan Simmons ryan.craig.simmons at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:32:59 UTC 2011

Carl on our side we also use some javascript, but instead of changing the
onClick action of the anchor/button we show the overlay div from the
lightbox method over the screen after 1 second we update this to show a
lightbox / modal dialog saying please wait and after a minute we add a
message saying something appears to have gone wrong click here to refresh.

We do this in the following circumstances.

1. When a user clicks on an anchor or button.
2. A Prototype or jQuery request is made to the server. The overlay and
lightbox are removed when the request returns.
3. When a page is loading. This prevents another issue that users can click
on a submit button before the form tag has been closed which causes them to
get redirected to the initial page.