[Seaside] Using Clean URLs

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Mar 8 19:11:01 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 08:58 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> I think the issue would be better summarized as "Seaside without
> sessions, callbacks and continuations". The use case in both cases
> seems to be similar. Having the ability to run without sessions and
> callbacks for some simple navigational landing pages and then some
> time later have sessions, callbacks and continuations kick in.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

The approach from my blog, which I borrowed from CMSBox, and modified
slightly to not create a new instance of the root component on each hit,
does use Sessions, and maintains a single session for the duration; it's
just in the cookie rather than the URL.

It just doesn't use callbacks for navigation most of the time, I
generate anchors with URL's that are parsed by the root component on
each hit to load the correct content.  But you can use callbacks
whenever you want as it does in the pagers in the search results.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com