[Seaside] WAImageStatus uptime tracking

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Sat Mar 12 19:05:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am using WAImageStatus and friends to check the health of my deployed images.

The uptime reported by WAImageStatus (a WAPharoStatusItem subclass) has been annoying me for some time: the value wraps around much too quickly, in the order of days it seems (and we all know Seaside/Smalltalk images keep running for much longer) (based on Time>>#millisecondClockValue, a primitive):

	upTime := Duration milliseconds: Time millisecondClockValue.

I made a simple helper class, WAUpTimeTracker, fileout attached, that I think would do a better job:

	upTime := WAUpTimeTracker imageUpTime.

The value is being set automatically at system startup.

Is this something worth including ?

Sven