[Seaside] Strategies for bulky renders/updates

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Sun Mar 13 21:37:44 UTC 2011

no pun intended, but is a design issue (and not a seaside one)

It sounds like you really need to re-think the UX

a strong signal of that is that lists presenting thousands of items to a human being are hardly useful

alternatives?

think in some kind of aggregation (meaningful to the domain of the app) that can be navigated (drill down) to smaller lists

then you'll find out that all those issues are gone (including the security-related ones) and the app's usability gets increased

sebastian

o/